Monday, November 28, 2011

Orange Hermés Birkin Bag

Okay. I have been in a serious love/hate relationship with this bag, from day one. I'll explain why.

I think this bag is on my Christmas wishlist this year, in the 40cm size preferably, and why do I only think that, not know it surely? Because sometimes I'm just not too sure if this bag is really me afterall. 

I absolutely love Birkin bags, they are one of my favorites, but as you know, I'm not really a huge fan of colours, and that is why I'm really hesitating over the whole orange thing. All my bags are black, black, black, and more black, ok and some white, and maybe red, and a little pink, but mostly black. You get the point...

Orange is a lovely colour, and such a classic, especially for Hermés, since it is their trademark shade, but I just can't decide... I'm so stuck on my black & white mania that I can't seem to break away from it. I think I need to break the cycle a little! 

It just looks so lovely on Kourtney Kardashian, with her bronzed skin and dark locks, it just makes all her outfits pop! She was actually the one who made me fall in love with it completely. I never liked this bag on Victoria Beckham as much as her other gorgeous coloured Birkins, or on bad girl Lindsay Lohan or Formula 1 heiress Tamara Ecclestone for that matter. But Kourt just rocks it and makes me lust it even moooooore!

...
I need your help! 
What do you honestly think?
Do you say yes to this orange Hermés Birkin, or perhaps... a big no?
Because I sure can't make my mind up, that's for sure.


Victoria Beckham has been spotted with her lovely orange Birkin several times before!
Lindsay Lohan also owns an orange shade Birkin, in 40cm. Wow, it looks so big on her!
Tamara Ecclestone & her sister Petra are also huge Birkin fans, they own several numbers of the famous bags. And of course here's a little street style inspiration for you!

I never knew Nicole Richie had an orange Hermés! She doesn't wear it too often, does she...
Of course, I saved the best for last - Kourtney Kardashian and her beautiful orange Birkin, with gold hardware!
SO LOVELY! She makes me want to buy one right now! Her gorgeous tanned complexion and dark long hair just goes perfectly with this shade. (That's why I originally thought it would also suit me, by the way.) Hmm.

19 comments:

  1. I love the orange colour!
    I have awarded you a blog award! Check out my post to find out more :)
    http://lustandlipgloss.blogspot.com/2011/11/blog-award.html
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. go for it hun! it a great bag and a great colour to use year round:)


    http://www.shellzdoll.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go orange! It's a gorgeous bag and colour. Looking at the pics you posted of Kourtney, a lot of her outfits seem to be black/white. Seeing as you already have the tanned skin and dark hair covered, PLUS your go-to outfits tend to be black/white, it will definitely work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this bag :) I'm trying to decide whether to hey this or the modalu pippa bag for christmas! xoxo

    http://justtiffeny.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. big no! if youre not used to colored bags you should definitely not buy such an expensive bag in a color that you dont feel right about from the start! invest in a parchmin or brown with gold hardware! black is too boring and barely sticking out. such an expensive bag must be visible, but you must be able to match it to your own style. you have style and a birkin would look great on you! xxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. a big yes... that bag is a EVERGREEN!!!
    Marti

    ReplyDelete
  7. NO ! bright bags only look good during the summer time.. plus orange is a hard color to match your outfits with, considering the fact that you have alot of black clothing haha. The black or white birkin bag is really nice though,and you can easily wear it all seasons long too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone for your opinions!
    I never really liked orange to be honest, and I don't ever wear it either, but for some reason I just fell in love with the bag. I agree with the last commenter though, it's just not for me...
    I have pink, red, yellow, nude & cream bags, and I don't wear them much, I have to admit... I always just end up wearing a black or a white bag instead, so owning another colourful bag would be completely useless.
    But this doesn't change the fact that I still love it though! Haha! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have the bag in orange and coral red hun..

    And its hard to match but since i have a wardrobe of black clothes they have become my staple.. LOL

    Its a lovely bag but its true- hard to match.. although its a real eye catcher and grabs alot of compliments

    So go for it if your game.. if not.. then stick to the basics but beautifuls like black/tan and white.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Aren't these mags just gorgeous?! There's so many blacks and pinks but not Orange.. The orange hermes birkin bag is sure to make you stand out. I was amazed to fnally be able to purchase one a few years ago for around $10K. I'm getting married now and have a baby on the way so it pains me that I'm having to sell my bag. :-(

    If you'd like to take a look, I just placed it on eBay now: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=251372514189

    I'm hoping to get around $7K out of this beautiful bag. All other pre-owned ones are selling for at least that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love wearing orange color in summer. Recently, I had purchased a beautiful designer bag in orange color from coach sale offer.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Does anyone know if Hermes still make Brikin in Orange? I was offered a Brikin in Orange and I know Orange was a huge color back in around 2002 or so, but is it still in now? I am getting my first Brikin bag and I don't want to get something that's dated. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! I have the same problem! I'm contemplating between a b30 orange in epsom or rouge casaque! But i decided to go ahead with orange as the husband said orange is afterall evergreen and fashion trends are constantly changing. The first branded bag should be in a classic colour (he claims). which i thought made a lot of sense :D Furthermore, beautiful reds come by pretty easily in bags (ie lady dior). so yes to orange! :D

      Delete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I want the orange Birkin so bad, but my SA had only in taupe, that was two months ago. I went back today to check the stock, but it seems like they are all gone. The SA also told me that they don't do waiting list anymore for Birkin and Kelly bags, I was totally shocked, I do not know what to do now. I saw one on Ebay, used, but afraid that it's a fake one.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love! We just got back from Paris, and the Hermes show was pure magic. Thought you’d find some inspiration: http://visual-therapy.com/blog/paris-fashion-week-diary-hermes-fall-2015/

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is truly a great and helpful piece of information and nice collection.
    100% authentic products

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...