Thursday, April 5, 2012

LOVE Cartier

I have always loved & admired the renowed French jeweler & watchmaker brand Cartier, and today I'm doing a post on one of their most famous pieces, the "LVe" bracelet.

Many people don't know that this iconic piece of jewelry has been around for quiet some time - in fact, it was designed in 1969 by Aldo Cipullo! 
It quickly became popular wordwide perhaps because of its provocative resemblances to a chastity belt, which it was inspired by. 
And what do I mean by that? 
Well for those of you who don't know, these gorgeous bracelets actually come with a screwdriver, and you practically screw them onto your wrist and lock it back afterwards!
It's safe to say that it was  originally made for couples as a sign of love & commitment, and at a time, Cartier only marketed these luxurious bangles to Hollywood couples like Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton.

What's important is, these bracelets were designed so that you cannot take them off, and that is exactly what makes them so special and so intriguing! They aren't wide enough to slip on/off your wrists, so the only way you are putting them on/taking them off is by using the screwdriver! So unique!
And if that wasn't enough - you can also get the screwdriver in the form of a necklace, which means you can gift one of these precious bracelets to your loved one, while you get to keep the key as a sign of your commitment to the relationship! How cute!

Cartier has officially relaunched the Love bracelet in 2011 and now there are several designs & styles available! (Even a jewelry line consisting of rings, cufflinks, necklaces and watches!)

They come in 4 colours, yellow gold, rose gold, white gold and platinum, and some bracelets are even offered with diamonds & special coloured gems.

...I sure wouldn't mind one myself. 

At the end of the day, I have to say I just absolutely love iconic fashion items like these!
Which means - you'll definitely see more of these posts from me in the future! :)



6 comments:

  1. Love those, they're so classic and elegant yet simple at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed! Because sometimes, less is actually more! :)
    Ah, I'm completely in love with such classics like these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! I would LOVE to have a bracelet like this :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a very beautiful blog with a lot of inspiring posts! I'd like to invite you to be my friend and follow each other:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Want one want one

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...